These sweet potatoes are a delight.
- Pre-heat the oven – Hot, Gas 6, 200C, 400F
- Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks
- Boil them for 10-15 minutes, until softened but not mashable
- Pour olive oil onto a baking tray, toss the potatoes on it throwing on some spice. I used some leftover fajita mix this time, but cumin is good on its own, with a little brown sugar if you’re from the South, or Mrs Dash Extra Spicy
- Arrange the potatoes so they are flat side down and sprinkle on more spice
- Squash the potatoes a bit wish a masher. Your aim is to ‘demoralise’ rather than crush them completely, you want to keep them as whole chunks, but with a higher proportion of surface area to caramelise
- Cook for 30 minutes, turning once, half way through, check they’re at the level of crispness you want, cook longer if not.